Shindzela Tented Safari Camp Packages
Shindzela (named after the Honey badger in the African Shangaan language) is an authentic tented Safari camp situated within the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger National Park. It is a simple yet comfortable and affordable South African bush camp, offering an authentic African safari experience in an unfenced, natural wilderness environment where you can explore the African wilderness on game drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles and on foot during our walking safari trails. Safari activities are conducted by professional and knowledgeable safari guides.
Shindzela Tented Safari Camp is nestled within the Greater Kruger National Park, Timbavati Private Game Reserve, South Africa. It is from here that Shindzela brings you an affordable wildlife safari, where you can explore the African wilderness on game drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles and on foot during our walking safari trails.
Safari activities are conducted by professional and knowledgeable safari guides. The camp has an informal, relaxed atmosphere, and is alive with warm African hospitality. Shindzela offers guests a greater Kruger wildlife safari, in an unfenced wilderness environment. Making use of solar powered lights & gas geysers (for hot showers). They are undisturbed by some of the modern conveniences such as television, preferring to immerse ourselves in the African wilderness. Shindzela has a swimming pool in camp overlooking our small watering hole where guests can relax and enjoy the view. The camp accommodates just 16 guests, and offers both walking safaris, and game drives twice daily.
Comfortable tented bush camp, set on the banks of a dry riverbed, facing a small watering hole. We offer an authentic African safari experience in an unfenced, private and natural wilderness environment. Our Safari Tents can either be made up in twin or double bed accommodation.
Each tent is furnished with the following:
1. Wooden entrance door to bedroom and bathroom
2. Adjustable canvas flaps for windows and mesh to keep the insects out.
3. Solar main and bedside lights
4. Bed side tables, chest of drawers and open style hanging rail with hangers.
5. Mosquito nets and amenities (body lotions, body wash, shampoo, insect repellant and hand soap)
6. All bedding and towels are provided
7. 2 x single beds or 1 x queen size bed
8. Doom spray and peaceful sleep spray, to keep the mosquitoes out
9. En-suite bathrooms with shower, flush toilet and hand basin (hot and cold running water) – Gas powered
10. Corner stand fan
- Splash Pool
- Secure Parking
- Eco Friendly
- Internet Access
Tent Configuration: The camp can accommodate 16 guests in either double or twin bedded tents
Safari Activities: Shindzela offers both game drives in open Landrovers and walking safaris.
Departure Day: Daily (except 25/12/2011)
Total Day: 4 days
Pickup Location:Pretoria / Johannesburg
Pickup Time:05:30 - 06:15
Drop-Off Location:Johannesburg / Pretoria
Drop-Off Time:17:30 - 19:00
Group Composition:Minimum 1
- All meals
- 2 game activities a day (Walking trail of about 2.5-3 hour's or game drive of about 3-3.5 hours)
- teas & coffees
- Water from the water dispencer
- Return Ashtons Shuttle between JHB & Bush Pub Inn & Transfer between Bush Pub Inn and Shindzela Lodge (Includes gate fees)
- All drinks (including bottled water), personal expenses, gratuities & travel insurance
Timbavati Reserve Conservation Levy: R200.00 per guest - once off on arrival
- Bills can be settled in cash or credit card
- All adults and children pay the same rate for the road transfers between Johannesburg and Shindzela
- No children under 10 years in camp (consideration of children at the ages 10 & 11)
- Children pay the full safari fare, and are included on game drives
- No children under 16 years on walking activities
[ Back to Top ]